Electronic Donations Policy:
Introduction PayPal. In the event JMVFD, Board of Directors, Website, Webmaster, our Bank accounts held at Austin Bank in Longview are requested through PayPal or from the donor for refunds our policy is as follows:
We reserve the right to refund the monies donated to us under the following conditions:
- We will deduct the procession fee PayPal deducts instantly upon the donation processing. This fee is governed by PayPal’s policy for authorized Non-profit organizations
- We will deduct the any "Chargeback" processing fee Pay Pal requests or bills to us in order to return to the funds to the requesting donor. Fee: $30.00
- No refunds will be issued after 45 days. We are an Emergency Fire Services Provider who relies on the monies donated for gas, equipment and other expenses required to operate a Fire Department. Monies are immediately transferred into the general account to cover monthly expenses.
- Currently the Judson Metro Vol. Fire Dept., Inc. (JMVFD) is using the third party PAYPAL, to process its online collections of monies. This was reviewed and sanctioned by the Board of Directors.
- The integration and addition to these online collection technologies was in response to the public’s request.
- JMVFD is not an ESD –Emergency Service District and thereby relies on the goodwill offering of donations from citizen’s both inside and outside of its service area in Northern Gregg county. JMVFD is deeply grateful to everyone who makes donations to us. Without these donations the Fire Protection which is currently in place could not happen.
- Therefor the Board of Directors in their regular meeting on 9-15-2011 has approved this policy without amendments or deletions.
This policy covers any and all pages JMVFD uses for online donations processing via PAYPAL and PAYPAL. This also includes "chargebacks" from our mobile credit card processing through PayPal.
The board acknowledges that we are using PayPal in order to offer the best option in encryption technologies to safely process the private information of our donors. The board takes seriously the protections of private information people use in order to donate and communicate with us while online.
In the event a person chooses to donate to JMVFD using our PayPal services does so freely. The donor acknowledges several options are given to CANCEL the donation before being asked to enter/ activate the FINAL DONATE command immediately distributed to pay all our monthly expenses; therefor monies after 45 days may not be available.
- In the event the donor requests a refund for Material goods sold by JMVFD such as Tee Shirts, Caps, etc. A replacement of like or similar kind will be issued to the donor. In the event this is not available; we will refund the monies less the Nonprofit / PayPal processing fee (currently: $30.00). The purchaser must supply JMVFD with the email confirming the receipt of purchase which is immediately sent to all online donors from PayPal.
- No refunds for Material good purchased will be issued after 90 days
EXEMPTIONS / EXCEPTIONS TO ABOVE POLICY:
In the event that a donation is made to JMVFD and we are notified the person was a victim of IDENTITY THEFT. The person of alleged identity theft needs to provide Pay Pal and JMVFD with a police report and the funds will be returned less the PayPal mandated fees for nonprofit organizations. Notification to JMVFD and Pay Pay must take place by the victim within 30 days. Fee reduction for processing may be reduced in special circumstances. The person claiming identity theft must provide a written police report, a copy of the banks / credit cards acknowledgement of the identity theft, or stolen card.
APPEAL DUE TO EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES:
The Policies for refunds of donations stand as written. The Board of Directors has a serious obligation to insure the fiscal health of the Fire Department operations, requiring the fire protection remains functional for the citizens, business and region we serve. However we acknowledge that in certain cases there are extraordinary circumstance that can be a result of a recent loss of a job, serious illness , death of a spouse or child/children, personal injury resulting in the inability to work, unexpected disaster damage to home, vehicle or personal property. Someone steals your credit / debit cards, checks and issues a donation. These are a few of the most common reason an appeal may be filed and refund granted less Pay Pal processing fees.
For sums over $100.00 US DOLLARS, if there is some form of extraordinary circumstance surrounding the request for the returning of funds out side of the 45 day time frame, the person who donated or used our online services may submit a request for a decision appeal. Please contact our webmaster or secretary for the form to be completed. This form will be emailed or faxed to you. The form must be completed and returned with a post mark not to exceed 7 days from the time of the initial request.
The request will be immediately reviewed by the Chair of the Online donations committee and Treasurer of the Dept. .
If the review decision warrants more documentation, a list of the required documents may be submitted no later than the 5th day of the upcoming 1st day of the month. The documents will then be reviewed at the Board of Directors meeting, which occurs the 2nd Thursday of each month. If the appeal is approved than the monies will returned, less the fees assed by PayPal for money transfers.
We thank you for your understanding as well asyour ongoing support of Judson Metro Vol. Fire Dept.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
This website may also contain Content owned by third parties. The use of or references to the names or trademarks of such third parties and any references to their products or services on this website does not constitute an endorsement by JMVFD of such parties or their products or services. JMVFD does not endorse or warrant the accuracy or reliability of, or assume any liability in connection with, any information or content on this website provided by third parties, or any of their products or services. JMVFD provides links to reliable information of nationally recognized organization asThe JMVFD
The JMVFD ONLINE/IT Committee carefully researches and seeks web resources and educational articles and videos/podcasts from reliable organizations like the NFPA.
JMVFD provides links to websites of Nationally recognized organizations who's missions involve the education of the public by providing public safety announcement and content within the public domain. The sources for this content is listed usually after each posting. JMVFD believes part of the mission in Fire Protection evolves from Fire Prevention and bringing solid, well written information to the community we serve. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the Board of directors or the: webmaster@JudsonmetroVFD.com
Revised page: 5-9-2013